Looking for something good to read?
Libraries are now shut, but don’t dispair! There are lots of resources available for bookworms.
We’ll be adding resources to the list below as we discover them.
Articles and links to reading materials
- Our Volunteers have written limericks!This Volunteer’s Week (1st to 7th June 2021) we asked our Volunteers to write … Continued
- Available now – the latest Age UK Somerset eNewsletterThe latest issue of our eNewsletter has been published to coincide with International Older … Continued
- Phased re-opening of LibrariesThis information has been taken from a Somerset West and Taunton Council update. Phased … Continued
- Focus Group – Can you help Somerset Libraries by being part of a focus group?Or perhaps you have friends, family or neighbours that might be interested? The sessions … Continued
- Take a 31 day creativity challenge! Free resources from The Age of CreativityThe 31 creative challenges are a designed to be month of short, daily inspirations … Continued
- Watch the National Theatre’s Frankenstein(s) from Thursday 23rd April-8th May!Each week the National Theatre are giving free access to one of their productions … Continued
- Watch National Theatre productions Live from your sofa! This week Jane EyreThe National Theatre in London is currently closed but the NT Live catalogue is … Continued
- Discover the Best Books of the 20th CenturyWhen I’m looking for something new to read I often visit the www.goodreads.com website … Continued
- Explore 60,000 Free Books online at Project GutenbergProject Gutenberg is an American website library of over 60,000 free eBooks. Download them … Continued
- Listen to audiobooks for free with BBC SoundsA large number of audiobooks from the classic to the modern are available online … Continued
- Learn a new word every dayVisit Word of the Day from the Merriam Webster dictionary to learn a new … Continued
- New information being added dailyIf there is something you would like to see here, please get in touch.
This website contains links to third party websites that we think may interest you. We cannot guarantee that these share our high standards and respect for privacy. We cannot be held responsible for the content of these websites and following the links and viewing the content outside of our website is at your own risk. We would strongly urge you to satisfy yourself that any activities are safe and suitable for you and your environment, before deciding to taking part, be careful what information you might share and NEVER give out financial information.