At last you have time to master something new.
Looking on the bright side, you may have some spare time now to find a stimulating new pastime.
Have you ever wanted to learn to play the guitar? Or master a new language?
They say it takes 10,000 hours to really master a skill. Well if we’re locked down for 3 months that’s about 2,000 hours (if you don’t sleep) so you could become a 5th of a maestro!
Some ideas for learning:
- How to use WhatsApp for Video Calling – new guide from BT with Clare BaldingBT have produced an illustrated guide to how to use … Read more
- How to use Zoom for video catch-upsWe may never have heard of it two weeks ago, … Read more
- How to use TwitterTwitter is a very popular social media site where users … Read more
- Discover the Best Books of the 20th CenturyWhen I’m looking for something new to read I often … Read more
- Explore 60,000 Free Books online at Project GutenbergProject Gutenberg is an American website library of over 60,000 … Read more
- Learn a language a fun wayA small green friendly owl can help you learn a … Read more
- Learn a new word every dayVisit Word of the Day from the Merriam Webster dictionary … Read more
- Fancy learning to crack cryptic crosswords?If you are looking for a distracting/stimulating/frustrating hobby to occupy … Read more
- Enjoy having The Sistine Chapel to yourselfVirtually visit the Sistine Chapel here – http://www.museivaticani.va/content/museivaticani/en/collezioni/musei/cappella-sistina/tour-virtuale.html And watch … Read more
- Explore the Georgia O’Keeffe MuseumTake a tour around the Georgia O’Keeffe Museum. https://artsandculture.google.com/partner/georgia-o-keeffe-museum?hl=en
- Explore The British Museum:Delve into two million years of culture and history. https://britishmuseum.withgoogle.com
- Visit The Louvre:Take time to enjoy some art. https://www.louvre.fr/en/visites-en-ligne#tabs
- Look behind the scenes at NASA:Explore NASA Glenn research centre’s facilities. https://www.nasa.gov/glennvirtualtours Discover Langley Research … Read more
- Wander around the USA National Aquarium:Discover an underwater world. https://aqua.org/media/virtualtours/baltimore/index.html
- Visit San Diego Zoo:View live web cams of the animals. https://kids.sandiegozoo.org/videos
- Enjoy the National Museum of Anthropology:Discover ancient civilisations. https://artsandculture.google.com/asset/the-national-museum-of-anthropology-mexico-city-ziko-van-dijk-wikimedia-commons/bAGSHRdlzSRcdQ?hl=en
- Visit The Shedd Aquarium:See behind the scenes footage. https://www.facebook.com/sheddaquarium/
- Discover the Guggenheim:View the renowned art collection. https://www.guggenheim.org/collection-online
- Tour the Getty Museum:Explore the art collection. https://artsandculture.google.com/partner/the-j-paul-getty-museum?hl=en
- Explore Houston ZooView live webcams https://www.houstonzoo.org/explore/webcams/
- Explore The Natural History Museum:Discover ancient specimens. https://naturalhistory2.si.edu/vt3/NMNH/
- Be transported to Georgia Aquarium:View the Beluga Whale live web cam. https://www.georgiaaquarium.org/webcam/beluga-whale-webcam/
- Have a look around Monteray Bay Aquarium:See what the animals are up to. https://www.montereybayaquarium.org/animals/live-cams
- Observe the animals at Cincinnati Zoo:Be taken on home safaris and view live feeds. https://www.facebook.com/watch/cincinnatizoo/689860164810534/
- Peruse Van Gogh:View the classic artworks. https://artsandculture.google.com/streetview/van-gogh-museum-groundfloor/2QHwyv_Y6gueAw?hl=en&sv_lng=4.8808198&sv_lat=52.3585336&sv_h=0.07351778050821167&sv_p=-14.958125813166376&sv_pid=T4EwMNbRYOhcEPF8T1I8xw&sv_z=1
- Discover Atlanta Zoo:View the Panda cam. https://www.facebook.com/watch/cincinnatizoo/689860164810534/
- New information being added dailyIf there is something you would like to see here, … Read more
- Museum Visits (with no queues!)Fancy a bit of culture? Loose yourself with a cup … Read more
- Quiz- Capitals of the WorldKeep your brain active with the first of our quizzes!
- Discover all the boats in the world(They are possibly called ships aren’t they?) An interesting way … Read more
This website contains links to third party websites that we think may interest you. We cannot guarantee that these share our high standards and respect for privacy. We cannot be held responsible for the content of these websites and following the links and viewing the content outside of our website is at your own risk. We would strongly urge you to satisfy yourself that any activities are safe and suitable for you and your environment, before deciding to taking part, be careful what information you might share and NEVER give out financial information.