The importance of not being earnest
We all like to have a good laugh, but did you also know that it’s good for your health?
Here’s an interesting article from helpguide.org about the benefits of laughter including how it can strengthen your immune system, boost your mood, diminish pain and protects you from the damaging effects of stress!. Nothing works faster or more dependably to bring your mind and body back into balance than a good laugh.
Everyone’s sense of humour is different
We recognise that humour is in the eye (ear?) of the beholder and everyone’s sense of humour is different but on this page we will share bits and bobs that we think are funny.
If you have anything you’d like us to share, please email or post on twitter
Funny (?) things we’ve found.
- Our Volunteers have written limericks!This Volunteer’s Week (1st to 7th June 2021) we asked our Volunteers to … Continued
- Would you like to see more than 100 animals drawn (badly) for Age UK Somerset?A fundraising activity took place over the early May Bank Holiday weekend. A … Continued
- A groan inducing jokeI’m sorry. I don’t know where this came from……
- Listen to BBC Radio 4 Extra – It has no news!BBC Radio 4 Extra broadcasts comedy, drama, and feature programming nationally 24 hours … Continued
- New information being added dailyIf there is something you would like to see here, please get in … Continued
- Tune in to The Stay at Home Festival by Cosmic ShamblesThe Cosmic Shambles Network, proudly present The Stay at Home Festival. Featuring live … Continued