Be kind to yourself
These are hard times for everyone. A new way of life and no-one knows when it will end.
This situation can cause multiple anxieties, stress and an increase in loneliness. We feel we have very little control.
Age UK Somerset is part of the Somerset Mental Health Alliance
Together all of us partner organisations are working to ensure that there is always someone you can talk to when things get hard for you. Call Mindline Somerset on 01823 276892, or if you’d like a Friendly Phonecall call us on 01823 345610.
Watch the charities involved talking about the Mindline Helpline
On this page we will list some resources that may help us to look after our mental health.
Please contact us if there are more resources we should add.
- “We are here for you day or night” – Marcus Trescothick introduces a short video about the emotional support offered through MindlineMarcus Trescothick introduces this short video about how the NHS, Somerset County Council and local charities (including Age UK Somerset) have … Read more
- A little act of kindness can boost your Mental Health – Mental Health Awareness Week 18-24th MayMental Health Awareness Week is the UK’s national week to raise awareness of mental health and mental health problems and inspire … Read more
- 8 Tips for Relaxation from MindA video from Mind, the Mental Health Charity with tips on relaxing to look after yourself. “Exploring relaxation can help you … Read more
- Anxious about Coronavirus?This page from Age UK offers tips on how to reduce your anxiety. Read more at https://www.ageuk.org.uk/information-advice/coronavirus/coronavirus-anxious/
- Staying well at home by Age UKA comprehensive web page on wellbeing.
- Coronavirus and your well beingExcellent web page from Mind covering practical advice on staying well looking after your mental health. Visit the Mind “Coronavirus and … Read more
- NHS – Mental wellbeing while staying at homeTaking care of your mind as well as your body is really important while staying at home because of coronavirus (COVID-19). … Read more
- Looking after your mental health during the Coronavirus outbreakUseful piece by the Mental Health Foundation. Read the article here
- New information being added dailyIf there is something you would like to see here, please get in touch.
- Somerset Mental Health Alliance extends support in response to CoronavirusThe Somerset Mental Health Alliance (of which Age UK Somerset is a part) has expanded its services to support adults and … Read more
Friendly phone calls
If you are feeling lonely or a bit isolated and feel that a chat would help, get in touch! We have started a new Friendly Phone calls service which is just that!
Sign up and you will receive a phone call from one our friendly members of staff.
Call 01823 345610 to register
Please leave a message including your name and number
This website contains links to third party websites that we think may interest you. We cannot guarantee that these share our high standards and respect for privacy. We cannot be held responsible for the content of these websites and following the links and viewing the content outside of our website is at your own risk. We would strongly urge you to satisfy yourself that any activities are safe and suitable for you and your environment, before deciding to taking part, be careful what information you might share and NEVER give out financial information.