Keeping you up to date
This is where you’ll find the latest news or links to take you there.
If you don’t use social media but would like to see what’s going on on Twitter we’ve created a Newsdeck page so you can see the Tweets happening now all in one place!
Not breaking news, but relevant news
As it reaches us, if we think it will be of interest we’ll share it here. But we won’t be trying to keep up with the news! We recommend the BBC website and news channels as a reliable source.
Recent News articles and links
- Richard Lennox Fundraising Concert….tonight!Tonight we were due to hold a fundraising concert featuring the marvellous Richard Lennox! Of course we’ve had … Read more
- “We are here for you day or night” – Marcus Trescothick introduces a short video about the emotional support offered through MindlineMarcus Trescothick introduces this short video about how the NHS, Somerset County Council and local charities (including Age … Read more
- Weston General Hospital has “temporarily stopped accepting new patients”.As of yesterday (Monday 25 May 2020) at 8am Weston General Hospital temporarily stopped accepting new patients, including … Read more
- A little act of kindness can boost your Mental Health – Mental Health Awareness Week 18-24th MayMental Health Awareness Week is the UK’s national week to raise awareness of mental health and mental health … Read more
- Bishops Lydeard couple celebrate their 70th Wedding Anniversary during lockdownThis clip of Margaret and Derek celebrating their 70th Anniversary appeared on BBC Radio Somerset’s feed on Twitter. … Read more
This website contains links to third party websites that we think may interest you. We cannot guarantee that these share our high standards and respect for privacy. We cannot be held responsible for the content of these websites and following the links and viewing the content outside of our website is at your own risk. We would strongly urge you to satisfy yourself that any activities are safe and suitable for you and your environment, before deciding to taking part, be careful what information you might share and NEVER give out financial information.