Please be aware of scams
Unscrupulous people are taking advantage of Coronavirus anxieties to scam people.
Please look out for each other.
We’ll try to keep this page updated with information on any scams we hear about.
Report a scam
If you are made aware of any scams please let us know and we’ll share the information in our list of known scams below.
Latest scams info
- 36 million Brits targeted by a scammer so far this year – Trading StandardsMore than two thirds of adults (36 million) have been targeted by a scammer since January, new research by … Continued
- NASTY SCAM – ‘Wangiri’ missed callWe have received reports of a rise in a type of scam known as ‘Wangiri’ phone calls. These are … Continued
- How to Stay safe if a volunteer is helping youFrom the Government website: The below are recommendations you should follow when a volunteer is helping you, especially if … Continued
- Fraudsters are sending out bogus text messages about the coronavirus vaccine in an attempt to steal bank details.The scam tells recipients they are “eligible to apply for your vaccine” with a link to a bogus NHS … Continued
- Careful selling online – Fake PayPal emails doing the roundsAction Fraud is warning people selling items online to be on the lookout for criminals sending fake PayPal emails. … Continued
This website contains links to third party websites that we think may interest you. We cannot guarantee that these share our high standards and respect for privacy. We cannot be held responsible for the content of these websites and following the links and viewing the content outside of our website is at your own risk. We would strongly urge you to satisfy yourself that any activities are safe and suitable for you and your environment, before deciding to taking part, be careful what information you might share and NEVER give out financial information.