Age UK Somerset’s Information and Advice Service
We offer a free and confidential information and advice service for older people, their families and carers. We can help with a wide variety of topics such as social care, benefits, etc, but if there’s an area we’re unsure of, we’ll be able to point you in the right direction. We also offer a benefits assessment service and help completing claim forms (although at the moment our Volunteers do not visit clients at home).
If you need advice outside of normal office hours, at the weekend or in the evenings, call Age UK:
Free factsheets available
Age UK produces free information guides and factsheets on a wide range of topics, including home adaptations, dementia, and advice for carers.
Need something posted?
Recently added information and advice
- Coronavirus Vaccination Information FAQLots of questions have been raised about the Coronavirus vaccination procedure so we’ve pulled … Continued
- Christmas Office Closure – Emergency Numbers
- Coronavirus: Somerset is in Tier 2, North Somerset Tier 3 – What you can and can’t do after 2nd DecemberToday an announcement was made putting Somerset into Tier 2 restrictions and North Somerset … Continued
- World Mental Health Day on 10th October. Call Open Mental Health ANY day for supportThe World Health Organisation recognises World Mental Health Day on 10 October every year. … Continued
- Ash House Office to close again and staff to work from home from 28th SeptemberIn keeping with the Government’s latest guidance, we will be closing Ash House office … Continued
- Update on Office Re-opening and our ServicesWith services opening up slowly across the UK we wanted to keep you updated … Continued
- Facemasks – how to wear & make your ownFull advice on how to wear and to make your own cloth face covering … Continued
- Hear about the services Age UK Somerset is offering
- Article on how to access groceries if you’re vulnerable and ‘shielding’ due to coronavirusIn this useful article from the MoneySavingExpert website they cover: – Registering as ‘extremely … Continued
- Banks – dedicated phonelines for over 70sSeveral of the major high street banks have contacted Age UK to share the … Continued
- Download the Age UK Coronavirus Information GuideWhat the guide is about These are uncertain times, and coronavirus (COVID-19) is affecting … Continued
- Guidance from the GovernmentClick here for the Coronavirus Guidance dated 30th March 2020. It covers: advice for … Continued
- Tips for staying active at home from the World Health Organisation“Sedentary behaviour and low levels of physical activity can have negative effects on the … Continued
- BBC ‘Fraud’ pageFor information/new on some of the latest scams please visit: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000gxqv/breakfast-28032020
- BBC Breakfast on scamsApparently there are over 200 coronavirus specific scams going around. Please be aware. To … Continued
This website contains links to third party websites that we think may interest you. We cannot guarantee that these share our high standards and respect for privacy. We cannot be held responsible for the content of these websites and following the links and viewing the content outside of our website is at your own risk. We would strongly urge you to satisfy yourself that any activities are safe and suitable for you and your environment, before deciding to taking part, be careful what information you might share and NEVER give out financial information.