Age UK Somerset’s Information and Advice Service
We offer a free and confidential information and advice service for older people, their families and carers. We can help with a wide variety of topics such as social care, benefits, etc, but if there’s an area we’re unsure of, we’ll be able to point you in the right direction. We also offer a benefits assessment service and help completing claim forms (although at the moment our Volunteers do not visit clients at home).
If you need advice outside of normal office hours, at the weekend or in the evenings, call Age UK:
Free factsheets available
Age UK produces free information guides and factsheets on a wide range of topics, including home adaptations, dementia, and advice for carers.
Need something posted?
Recently added information and advice
- How to use WhatsApp for Video Calling – new guide from BT with Clare BaldingBT have produced an illustrated guide to how to use WhatsApp for making video … Read more
- Facemasks – how to wear & make your ownFull advice on how to wear and to make your own cloth face covering … Read more
- Hear about the services Age UK Somerset is offering
- Article on how to access groceries if you’re vulnerable and ‘shielding’ due to coronavirusIn this useful article from the MoneySavingExpert website they cover: – Registering as ‘extremely … Read more
- Banks – dedicated phonelines for over 70sSeveral of the major high street banks have contacted Age UK to share the … Read more
- How to use Zoom for video catch-upsWe may never have heard of it two weeks ago, but now Zoom has … Read more
- How to use TwitterTwitter is a very popular social media site where users can follow and connect … Read more
- A guide to Video CallingKeeping in touch with family, friends and other loved ones makes us feel connected … Read more
- Step by Step Guide to setting up a Facebook AccountFacebook and Facebook Messenger are two very popular ways that people connect with each … Read more
- Facebook ‘Guide for Beginners’ Video
- How to use WhatsAppTwo visual guides from Digital Unite which will help you to use this popular … Read more
- All you need to use SkypeSkype is a computer program that offers a VoIP (‘Voice over Internet Protocol’) service. … Read more
- How To Get Started with emailA useful and comprehensive guide from Digital Unite covering everything from how to set … Read more
- Fact check Covid 19 with Full FactFull Fact is an independent fact checking charity who There are lots of misleading … Read more
- Fancy learning to crack cryptic crosswords?If you are looking for a distracting/stimulating/frustrating hobby to occupy your time during lock … Read more
- New information being added dailyIf there is something you would like to see here, please get in touch.
- Download the Age UK Coronavirus Information GuideWhat the guide is about These are uncertain times, and coronavirus (COVID-19) is affecting … Read more
- Guidance from the GovernmentClick here for the Coronavirus Guidance dated 30th March 2020. It covers: advice for … Read more
- Tips for staying active at home from the World Health Organisation“Sedentary behaviour and low levels of physical activity can have negative effects on the … Read more
- BBC ‘Fraud’ pageFor information/new on some of the latest scams please visit: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000gxqv/breakfast-28032020
- BBC Breakfast on scamsApparently there are over 200 coronavirus specific scams going around. Please be aware. To … Read more
This website contains links to third party websites that we think may interest you. We cannot guarantee that these share our high standards and respect for privacy. We cannot be held responsible for the content of these websites and following the links and viewing the content outside of our website is at your own risk. We would strongly urge you to satisfy yourself that any activities are safe and suitable for you and your environment, before deciding to taking part, be careful what information you might share and NEVER give out financial information.