Support from Age UK Somerset
If you have organised a group in your local community to help older people with deliveries, or just to ensure they get some friendly contact, thank you!
Age UK Somerset would like to offer support to you where we can. We’ll add useful resources here as we find them. If you need support for your group, please get in touch using the form below and we’ll try our best to help, or put you in touch with someone who can.
Resources you may find useful:
- Asda introduces Volunteer Shopping cardFor Volunteers who are shopping for someone else Asda has now introduced the Volunteer Shopping card. They say the card is a cashless – and less stressful – way for people to help get the shopping in. Ideal for those who might be self-isolating, older or medically vulnerable, the Volunteer Shopping Card provides a contactless, … Continued
- Corona Helpers for SomersetSPARK Somerset have launched a county wide free online platform called Corona Helpers. Coronavirus COVID-19 support groups can add themselves and use it to recruit and manage volunteers, and individuals can use it to pledge their support.
- New information being added dailyIf there is something you would like to see here, please get in touch.
- SPARK Somerset Guide for GroupsSPARK Somerset have provided a useful guide to things to consider when Volunteering with groups which applies to groups wherever they are. This includes confidentiality, safe-guarding and money-handling advice. It can be found here: https://www.sparksomerset.org.uk/guidance-cov-19-groups
- Guidelines from Age UK for Coronavirus VolunteersA useful document is now available from Age UK which documents best practice procedures for Volunteers visiting unknown people and those with symptoms.
- How can communities support ‘At Risk’ groups during isolation?By Phil Dolan, Chief Executive, Age UK Somerset Covid 19 is taking us all into unchartered territories. An understatement if ever there was one. Worrying times but also how uplifting to see so many people wanting to volunteer, to help, to shop, to care, to do something. But how best to use this amazing resource? … Continued
Contact form for local groups
This website contains links to third party websites that we think may interest you. We cannot guarantee that these share our high standards and respect for privacy. We cannot be held responsible for the content of these websites and following the links and viewing the content outside of our website is at your own risk. We would strongly urge you to satisfy yourself that any activities are safe and suitable for you and your environment, before deciding to taking part, be careful what information you might share and NEVER give out financial information.