If you need help during the coronavirus lockdown
If you are an older person in Somerset or North Somerset (or are supporting someone who is), we want to make sure you get the help you may need whether that is to ensure you have enough food, access to medication or just someone to talk to if self-isolating is making you feel a bit miserable.
Things are changing rapidly but we’ll try to keep you informed.
Jump to the end of the page for the latest news and additions.
Give us a call
You are always welcome to give us a call on
We are working from home and we’re taking lots of calls at the moment, but if you leave a message on the answerphone, we WILL call you back.
There are lots of very local groups and organisations who have formed, and there is likely to be one near you. Have a look at our ‘In Your Area’ pages. If you can’t find anything there and you have access to Facebook or Nextdoor, have a search for “Covid 19” or “Coronavirus” groups. You could try your local shop or the Parish Council for help steering you to a group that already exists.
Where can I find information on food deliveries and other help in my area?
Our “In Your Area” section lists local community groups who may be able to help with shopping and deliveries, and also local food suppliers and other useful information.
Click on your area below.
If you’re feeling a bit low from not seeing anyone, we have a team waiting to get in touch with a “Friendly Phonecall”.
Friendly phone calls
If you are feeling lonely or a bit isolated and feel that a chat would help, get in touch! We have started a new Friendly Phone calls service which is just that!
Sign up and you will receive a phone call from one our friendly members of staff.
Call 01823 345610 to register
Please leave a message including your name and number
Latest information relating to help
- Update on Office Re-opening and our ServicesWith services opening up slowly across the UK we wanted to keep you … Read more
- If you are in Taunton Deane or West Somerset, you could Win a B&Q Gift Card when you support us through the Somerset West LotteryThe Somerset West Lottery was set up to help charities working across the … Read more
- You could Win a B&Q Gift Card when you support us through the Shape Mendip LotteryShape Mendip Lottery was set up to help charities working across Mendip. When … Read more
- Our ‘angels’ go above (and beyond) 150 food deliveries!Our team of staff and volunteer delivery drivers were out again yesterday (30th … Read more
- National Trading Standards offer free call blockersNational Trading Standards have teamed up with Trucall to offer free call blockers … Read more
- GUESS HOW MANY PEA-PLE ARE AT THE PYRAMID STAGE TO WIN A RARE SIGNED GLASTONBURY 2019 POSTER!As Age UK Somerset is a Somerset charity, and as one of the … Read more
- “We are here for you day or night” – Marcus Trescothick introduces a short video about the emotional support offered through MindlineMarcus Trescothick introduces this short video about how the NHS, Somerset County Council … Read more
- Community Connect – help for over 50s in North SomersetCommunity Connect is a service for people over 50 living in North Somerset … Read more
- A little act of kindness can boost your Mental Health – Mental Health Awareness Week 18-24th MayMental Health Awareness Week is the UK’s national week to raise awareness of … Read more
- How to use WhatsApp for Video Calling – new guide from BT with Clare BaldingBT have produced an illustrated guide to how to use WhatsApp for making … Read more
- Knock and run! Doorstep deliveries warmly receivedThis week staff and volunteers from Age UK Somerset “knocked and ran” but … Read more
- Article on how to access groceries if you’re vulnerable and ‘shielding’ due to coronavirusIn this useful article from the MoneySavingExpert website they cover: – Registering as … Read more
- Banks – dedicated phonelines for over 70sSeveral of the major high street banks have contacted Age UK to share … Read more
- Langport CaresCommunity group providing support for residents of Langport and Huish Episcopi: Contact Jess … Read more
- Curry Rivel Community Support GroupCommunity group providing practical support for residents of Curry Rivel: https://www.curryrivel.org.uk/news/latest-news/community-support-group-latest.html To request … Read more
- Somerset Coronavirus Support HelplineFor anyone who needs coronavirus related support from their councils. Call 0300 790 … Read more
- North Somerset – Village AgentsVillage Agents connect people living in rural areas with advice and support services … Read more
- Backwell Parish CouncilTo make a referral or request help for someone in Backwell email: email@example.com
- Banwell Parish CouncilTo make a referral or request help for someone in Banwell email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bleadon Parish CouncilTo make a referral or request help for someone in Bleadon email: email@example.com
- Hutton Parish CouncilTo make a referral or request help for someone in Hutton email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nailsea Town CouncilTo make a referral or request help for someone in Nailsea email: Ian@nailseatowncouncil.gov.uk
- Wraxhall and Failand Parish CouncilTo make a referral or request help for someone in Wraxhall or Failand … Read more
- Wrington – referralsTo make a referral or request help for someone in Wrington email: Commresns.email@example.com
- Yatton – CouncillorTo make a referral or request help for someone in Yatton email Councillor … Read more
- Pill – referralsTo make a referral or request help for someone in Pill email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tickenham – referralsTo make a referral or request help for someone in Tickenham email: email@example.com
- Weston-super-Mare – Town CouncilTo make a referral or request help for someone in Weston-super-Mare email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clevedon – referralsTo make a referral or request help for someone in Clevedon either complete … Read more
- Long Ashton – referralsTo make a referral or request help for someone in Long Ashton email: … Read more
This website contains links to third party websites that we think may interest you. We cannot guarantee that these share our high standards and respect for privacy. We cannot be held responsible for the content of these websites and following the links and viewing the content outside of our website is at your own risk. We would strongly urge you to satisfy yourself that any activities are safe and suitable for you and your environment, before deciding to taking part, be careful what information you might share and NEVER give out financial information.