If you need help during the coronavirus lockdown
If you are an older person in Somerset or North Somerset (or are supporting someone who is), we want to make sure you get the help you may need whether that is to ensure you have enough food, access to medication or just someone to talk to if self-isolating is making you feel a bit miserable.
Things are changing rapidly but we’ll try to keep you informed.
Jump to the end of the page for the latest news and additions.
Give us a call
You are always welcome to give us a call on
We are working from home and we’re taking lots of calls at the moment, but if you leave a message on the answerphone, we WILL call you back.
There are lots of very local groups and organisations who have formed, and there is likely to be one near you. Have a look at our ‘In Your Area’ pages. If you can’t find anything there and you have access to Facebook or Nextdoor, have a search for “Covid 19” or “Coronavirus” groups. You could try your local shop or the Parish Council for help steering you to a group that already exists.
Where can I find information on food deliveries and other help in my area?
Our “In Your Area” section lists local community groups who may be able to help with shopping and deliveries, and also local food suppliers and other useful information.
Click on your area below.
If you’re feeling a bit low from not seeing anyone, we have a team waiting to get in touch with a “Friendly Phonecall”.
Friendly phone calls
If you are feeling lonely or a bit isolated and feel that a chat would help, get in touch! We have started a new Friendly Phone calls service which is just that!
Sign up and you will receive a phone call from one our friendly members of staff.
Call 01823 345610 to register
Please leave a message including your name and number
Latest information relating to help
- World Mental Health Day on 10th October. Call Open Mental Health ANY day for supportThe World Health Organisation recognises World Mental Health Day on 10 October every … Continued
- Crewkerne – Be a Good NeighbourVolunteer-led scheme providing support for local people who are shielding, by doing shopping, … Continued
- Have you heard of Cognitive Stimulation Therapy (CST)? New sessions start soon!If you’ve recently received a diagnosis of dementia, or you know someone who … Continued
- Ash House Office to close again and staff to work from home from 28th SeptemberIn keeping with the Government’s latest guidance, we will be closing Ash House … Continued
- Not sure how to Zoom? Online shopping not your bag? You need FREE One-to-One Covid secure IT/Technology support sessions for older people at The Engine Room, BridgwaterAre you aged over 50? Do you need help to set up Zoom … Continued
- Update on Office Re-opening and our ServicesWith services opening up slowly across the UK we wanted to keep you … Continued
- Our ‘angels’ go above (and beyond) 150 food deliveries!Our team of staff and volunteer delivery drivers were out again yesterday (30th … Continued
- “We are here for you day or night” – Marcus Trescothick introduces a short video about the emotional support offered through MindlineMarcus Trescothick introduces this short video about how the NHS, Somerset County Council … Continued
- Community Connect – help for over 50s in North SomersetCommunity Connect is a service for people over 50 living in North Somerset … Continued
- A little act of kindness can boost your Mental Health – Mental Health Awareness Week 18-24th MayMental Health Awareness Week is the UK’s national week to raise awareness of … Continued
- Knock and run! Doorstep deliveries warmly receivedThis week staff and volunteers from Age UK Somerset “knocked and ran” but … Continued
- Article on how to access groceries if you’re vulnerable and ‘shielding’ due to coronavirusIn this useful article from the MoneySavingExpert website they cover: – Registering as … Continued
- Banks – dedicated phonelines for over 70sSeveral of the major high street banks have contacted Age UK to share … Continued
- Langport CaresCommunity group providing support for residents of Langport and Huish Episcopi: Contact Jess … Continued
- Curry Rivel Community Support GroupCommunity group providing practical support for residents of Curry Rivel: https://www.curryrivel.org.uk/news/latest-news/community-support-group-latest.html To request … Continued
- Somerset Coronavirus Support HelplineFor anyone who needs coronavirus related support from their councils. Call 0300 790 … Continued
- North Somerset – Village AgentsVillage Agents connect people living in rural areas with advice and support services … Continued
- Backwell Parish CouncilTo make a referral or request help for someone in Backwell email: email@example.com
- Banwell Parish CouncilTo make a referral or request help for someone in Banwell email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bleadon Parish CouncilTo make a referral or request help for someone in Bleadon email: email@example.com
- Hutton Parish CouncilTo make a referral or request help for someone in Hutton email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nailsea Town CouncilTo make a referral or request help for someone in Nailsea email: Ian@nailseatowncouncil.gov.uk
- Wraxhall and Failand Parish CouncilTo make a referral or request help for someone in Wraxhall or Failand … Continued
- Wrington – referralsTo make a referral or request help for someone in Wrington email: Commresns.email@example.com
- Yatton – CouncillorTo make a referral or request help for someone in Yatton email Councillor … Continued
- Pill – referralsTo make a referral or request help for someone in Pill email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tickenham – referralsTo make a referral or request help for someone in Tickenham email: email@example.com
- Weston-super-Mare – Town CouncilTo make a referral or request help for someone in Weston-super-Mare email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clevedon – referralsTo make a referral or request help for someone in Clevedon either complete … Continued
- Long Ashton – referralsTo make a referral or request help for someone in Long Ashton email: … Continued
This website contains links to third party websites that we think may interest you. We cannot guarantee that these share our high standards and respect for privacy. We cannot be held responsible for the content of these websites and following the links and viewing the content outside of our website is at your own risk. We would strongly urge you to satisfy yourself that any activities are safe and suitable for you and your environment, before deciding to taking part, be careful what information you might share and NEVER give out financial information.